- It’s much easier to ignore the difficult than to deal with it. When we finally decide to push aside the lazy part of us and just keep writing,knitting, just frog it already the reward is sweet.
- Write now and edit later. The words flow much faster if you set aside your inner critic. The same is true for crafting. Bust out a few rows and look at the bigger picture later.
- Good writing and good knitting are the result of daily practice. Neither spring forth from our hands perfectly polished.
- Always knit a gauge swatch and always write a terrible first draft. Set both aside and look at it later. You will be surprised at what they tell you.
- First drafts and gauge swatches lie. You are better than those clumsy first attempts.
- Your first work will be terrible. Keep on going.
- Writing (for me) brings up painful memories. Knitting helps soothe my heart. Both are necessary for living.
- Hi, I'm Vanessa. In 2010, when I was 25, I was diagnosed with non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. I blog about my life after cancer, my love of knitting and cage fighting. I make sewn and stuffed body parts at Survival Organs.